Jew lane stands in what was the Jewish quarter from 1350 on. In 1440, 22 inhabitants belong to the Jewish comunity in Naumburg. At request of the Elector Johann Friedrich, the Jewish community was violently dispelled, as in all saxonian towns, in 1494. Jewish homes, school, baths and the synagogue were razed to the ground. In the archway there are two commemorate plaques - one of them remembers the expulsion of the Jews in 1494, the other one is dedicated to the Holocaust victims.