Higher Regional Court

  • Higher Regional Court
    Higher Regional Court

Built on the site where the Burg (or Fortress) of the Ekkehardingers Hermann and Ekkehard once stood - the "New Fortress" or "Nuwen Burg" - that was to lend the town its name. Since 1816 the seat of the Higher Regional Court. Built in 1914 to 1917 in neo-Baroque style. Today it houses the Saxony-Anhalt Higher Regional Court.